My Yule Altar


I'm of the firm belief that Sabbat Altars don't need to be so serious and absolutely decorated to represent every little detail of a holiday. I take the more fun approach I have to admit. This year I chose to have a little fun and so as you can see above, I have one of those little troll toys to represent the magical creature aspect of Yule. I also added:
Pinecone
Chunk of Frankincense Resin
Chunk of Myrrh Resin
My Bast Statue
Yule Fairy Ring
My Bell

Myrrh incense stick
Bloodstone
Carnelian
Emerald
Shiny Gold Xmas ornament
A fun plastic holly/ivy pot I bought last year at Xmas
Metallic Silver, Red and Green Candle

I have to say I think it looks great, it represents what Yule means to me, wintery fun and excitement. I haven't done the family altar yet, I usually do that closer to the holiday. We live in a small country cottage so space is limited.

If you haven't created your Yule or Litha Altar (for our northern hemisphere counterparts), I would advise to have a little fun, after all, your altar should represent how you celebrate the holiday.


Here is my family Yule altar, in respect for tradition, I thought why not give it a Xmasy feel. I think it looks fun and fab and captures the mood of Yule!

0 comments:

Post a Comment