Mabon 2010


Well this was the first Sabbat I have ever celebrated and so I tried my hardest to make it special, one I would remember. I wasn’t sure how to go about it, but it all worked out well and it was extra special because my birthday is just a few days after Mabon.


A few days before I set up my own personal altar, it was my first so it was kind of basic, I used 3 candles – red, yellow and orange, oak leaves, pine cones, herb mix, potato vine, gemstones (Smokey Quartz, Amethyst, Aventurine, Clear Quartz) sage incense stick and an owl totem. I loved the way it looked though, ultimately it represented how I approach my craft, simple yet interesting.

I also set up a Family Altar on the kitchen bench near to where I was cooking; the Altar was on a simple green cane placemat decorated with a white pillar candle, three smaller candles – again red, orange and yellow, pine cones, oak, sage incense and a bowl of acorns and tomatoes from our yard to represent the harvest.

I made a 3 course dinner for my family, Pumpkin Soup with cornbread (interesting experience making cornbread), Roast Pork with Garlic & Rosemary potatoes and Pumpkin with brown butter and nutmeg, dessert was Apple Crumble with custard. It all went very well and tasted fabulous! Before dinner I also read a wonderful Mabon invocation to my parents.

After dinner I lit my candles and incense and let them burn away, finally before midnight I took a small portion of cornbread and gave it to the earth, a thanks to Gaia for all that had come so far this season and thanks for all that was to come.

All in all not bad for my first Sabbat celebration!

0 comments:

Post a Comment