My Imbolc Altar



This is my Family Altar. I thought this time round I would keep it nice and simple. In the background is the Kitchen Witch's Creed I printed out for my Mum. We haven't hung it up yet but given that Imbolc is for the Goddess Brighid and she is a Hearth Goddess, it seemed appropriate to place this with the altar. The altar itself is sitting right next to the stove top, another ode to the hearth aspect.
It has 2 white church pillar candles, a purple scented taper and a rose scented square pillar. I love the little rose one, I got it from Cheap As Chips (with two other scents) they often have a great range of candles there. I also decorated it with my little cauldron, a besom, a little dragon and 2 white roses from the Garden.
It's a very simple altar, but I think it captures the mood of the Sabbat. I like my decorations to be simple and easy, I'm not one for flashy or overdone.
I'm still piecing together my personal altar but hopefully it will be completed in time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment